This course provides an introduction to communication and negotiation between people from different cultures. Course content focuses on the application of theory and research to intercultural communication and negotiation.
Specifically, this course is designed to:
- Increase understanding of the relationship between culture and communication;
- Provide an intellectual framework that allows description and understanding of communication and negotiation styles between culturally heterogeneous individuals;
- Explain the role of culture patterns, verbal codes and nonverbal codes in the development of interpersonal relationships and negotiations;
- Examine the role of cognitive biases on intercultural communication and negotiation;
- Develop communication and negotiation skills that improve competence in intercultural management.
- Teacher: Marie-Thérèse Claes